Health > CGI Healthy Life | By CGI Holistic Wellness Center
is important to keep yourself healthy during the changing of seasons. One way to boost your immunity while still feeling good is by
In Bergen County, the early mornings and late evenings are getting cooler. Though one can’t tell by the afternoon temperatures, Fall is coming. While many associate Fall with long drives to see the changing colors of foliage, apple cider, and pumpkin flavored everything, there is one issue lurking in the background: cold season.
It is important to keep yourself healthy during the changing of seasons. One way to boost your immunity while still feeling good is by consuming ginger.
Ginger is considered a wonder spice by many doctors, both in the eastern and western fields. Alone, it holds a warming quality, and normally needs to be diluted in some ways. So what does this super spice do, exactly, aside from boosting the immune system?
• Stimulate circulation
• Warms the body (when your internal temperature increases, your organs can function better)
• Digestion can improve
• Constipation and diarrhea decrease
• Helps to fight off the rhinovirus (the cause of the common cold)
• Nausea from morning sickness or post-operative surgery, can be reduced
• Anti-inflammatory properties
• Eases mild cramps, headaches, osteoarthritis, and inflammation
This sounds great, right? So then how can you consume ginger?
• In tea
• Thin slices blended with apple juice, greens, or carrot juice
• Use a certified therapeutic grade essential oil that you can add to the meals you cook
CGI’s healthy café offers a variety of organic vegetable juices, with ginger, in case you want to sample a drink before diving gung ho into the world of juice making.
For more information about how ginger can help you, contact us at 201-784-5575 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.